Thank you for your interest in the Academy of St. Benedict the African. Our dedicated staff is committed to instilling a love for learning to our students that is faith driven.
In this section you will find downloadable admission forms and information on financial assistance.
You are welcome to visit our campus at any time to observe the classroom and to speak with the Principal. To arrange a visit please contact the Academy of St. Benedict at:
6020 South Laflin Street
Chicago, IL 60636
The Academy accepts students of any race, color, sex or national and ethnic origin as space is available. The decision for admission or readmission of students rests with the Principal.
Age of Admission
Illinois State law requires that a child entering Kindergarten be 5 years of age on or before September 1st of that year. A child entering first grade must be 6 years of age on or before September 1st of that year.
Requirements for New Students
- Original Birth Certificate
- Social Security Number
- Baptismal Certificate (if Catholic)
- Report card from previous school
- Standardized test information from previous school
- Immunization certificate and physical examination
- Dental form
- Student must have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Student must have passed both the State and Federal Constitution tests
- Student must demonstrate a readiness for admission to high school
- All fees must be paid in full
- Mandatory attendance at religious retreat
Every student of the Academy of St. Benedict the African must meet these minimum requirements before being permitted to graduate.